National Sewing Month Contest

A tiny bit of history.

The observance of National Sewing Month began in 1982 with a proclamation from President Ronald Reagan declaring September as National Sewing Month “In recognition of the importance of home sewing to our Nation.”

Okay, well I was a bit young to appreciate this guy back then. A single girl living in Southern California. I was nowhere near a sewing machine. But thanks guy! Of course, now sewing is a different story. It's really up there with one of the most important things in my world these days. A day without my machine, is like a day without sunshine.

Here's the 2010 National Sewing Month “Accessorize Your Life” Contest


Sew up your best accessory idea for National Sewing Month and you could be a lucky winner in the Accessorize Your Life contest.

STEP 1: Start by picking an Accessory category

Fashion/Garments
Personal Items
Home Dec (including kitchens & outdoor)
Sewing Room
Travel
Pets
Office/Work
Auto

STEP 2: Create an accessory that would be used for convenience, attractiveness or safety

You can create your own design or use any project or pattern.
Your project must include fabric, thread and at least one notion or trim.
Some portion of the project must have been sewn using a sewing machine.
Any additional techniques, embellishments or design touches are your own choice.

STEP 3: Guidelines
Really? Okay I'll follow the guidelines.

Click here for the rules and prizes

I am going to re-purpose some cafe curtains. Watch for my finished project.

Suggestions

* Kindle Cover (free pattern here)
* iPad Cover
* Wristlet
* Dog Collar/Matching Leash (free pattern here)

Even my best friend "Tuesday" is jumping in on the National Sewing Month Bandwagon




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy.