Scrap Happy Saturday


It's all about the color indigo this month. 

I do not have a lot indigo in my scrap stash but I managed to come up with these few blocks.  They are as close as I could get to indigo.  I like the Roosevelt's Bow Tie block best.  It went together super fast.  I like it a lot.  It's shown front and center.  

I had to do some tweaking with the cutting instructions for the center Bullseye Block for it to finish at 6 1/2 inches.  It's the one on the far right.  I just switched my center block to a 2 1/2 inch square and adjusted my strips accordingly.  Easy Peasy.  No Problem.  




I am using my Easy Angle and Companion Ruler for my HST's and Flying geese units.  

Click on over to SoScrappy to see what we're all up to this week.  


July Blocks too!
Lantern Blocks



My quilting bee is also having an ongoing quilt block blitz.  The rules are simply.  Just make Red, White and Blue star blocks.  Any kind and just about any size.   Our plan is to get together and sew them all into a few quilts to donate here locally.  

My design board all loaded up.  




I'm using a new technique I found.  No-Waste flying geese.  I found it at Generations Quilt Patterns website.    I like it for small units.  My blocks are 6 1/2 inch.


12 comments:

  1. Wow, you have so many great looking blocks to work with!! And I love that no-waste flying geese method best, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! Lovely stars . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been having TONS of fun in your sewing space!! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun quilt block blitz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many monochromatic stars together is quite inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea making the red, whIte and blue stars for donation quilts. Looks like you will make a good contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great star blocks up on your design wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stars you have there. Love the two colour combinations. I should do that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love all those star blocks! Having all the different size stars is going to make your bee's quilts gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful blocks! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finally got started on indigo today...love your blocks! This quilt is going to be a stunner when done!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy.