My Photo Friday... going Nuts

I am going nuts... and I am glad.

A handful of nuts each day is good for you. Right? Are they still good for you if they are combined with lots of chocolate, peanut butter, peppermint candy canes, or pretzels?

Watch this demo here on how to make this fabulous toffee. Her guest Chef Lia made this batch.

Everyday I follow Ree Drummond's blog. Have you heard of her? Seen her incredible recipes or watched her on the Today Show?

The wonders of a silicone baking mat. Nothing sticks.

Now I am impatient, I can't wait for my toffee to cool inside the house. Therefore, I bring it outside and place it in my screened porch for about 10 minutes. It gets rock hard. Most years this is fine because the temperature outside hovers around 34 to 40 at this time. Unless we have a year unlike others where it is 70 degrees.

Sprinkle your toffee with crushed peppermint candy canes, crushed pretzels, dark, semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, mini marsh mellows. Get creative. Let me know what you would put on top of your toffee.
Just thought I'd throw this one in for fun. Yummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy.