Out with pink.



Due to the frigid temperatures here, I sure got a lot of quilting done.


You should have heard me, singing along with all my favorite country songs up in my sewing room.  
I thoroughly enjoyed myself this week.

  The hubster was in Texas this week.  I spent hardly any time in the kitchen.  I used my bread machine to make some egg challah and brought out the new crockpot.  
I made a fabulous dish of Indian Chicken Korma.


You know, I've been married for 32 years and never used a crockpot.   What was I waiting for?  It's terrific.  I was always a stay-at-home mom and thought slow cookers were for moms that worked outside the house.  My neighbor gave me a copy of the Cooking Light Slow Cooker to the Rescue book.   Wow! Was I wrong.  
______________________________________________________

Today is the last day for finishing up our Pinks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge

Here is my 16-Patch Scrap Jar Stars in all pink.
This is my quilt top where I did not add sashing.
I still would like to add a scrappy border.
I'm going to donate this baby quilt.  

My String X blocks under construction.
I like to use the Kabnet Deli papers from Costco for my foundations.  There are 500 sheets per box and it comes bundled in threes. 
I cut the papers approximately 8 x 5.  I sew out from the middle on each side, tear my paper off, press, starch, then square down to 4 1/2 x 8.  
The next step is to add my background triangles.  


I have always loved this tulip quilt.  I made it for a friend a few years ago.  Just sharing it with you because its pink.


Maybe when the snow melts, I'll see my tulips peeking out from the ground.  


Somewhere in this planter are my daffodils.

Tomorrow we find out what the new RSC2015 color will be for the month of March.  


9 comments:

  1. I especially love your all pink Scrap Jar Stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pink Scrap jar Stars! So very pretty. Great job on accomplishing so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pink scrap jar stars is beautiful. Having more time inside to sew is a nice side effect of the cold weather outside. Still, I hope it warms up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to seeing how your String X blocks turn out. They are SO bright and cheerful. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to use your pinks! I love the tulip quilt. Making a tulip quilt is on my quilty bucket list! Yours is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All one color scrappy stars - yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your 16-patch pink scrap jar quilt! Your tulip quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to make use of the bad weather! The quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy.