Do You Know the Way to Orca Bay?


I do and I found it here
Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville!

Remember the tune Do You Know the Way to San Jose?

I think I hummed and sung my way to this tune while making my Orca Bay Mystery Quilt. Not really it just came to me because I needed a blog title and it rhymed. I was only 7 years old when this song came out, but its such a classic. I love it. I remember singing it as a kid. I like singing in now as a matter of fact.

My quilt top is done. It's a biggie. It's got some mistakes. Some string blocks going the wrong way. But that's okay.

This quilt has approximately 3,844 pieces. It is 74 1/2" x 84 1/2."

I started it around December 1st ish and finished it the night before my bee meeting on January 4th.

I just blew through my stash with this one. I hardly have any neutrals left. And reds ~ well they are pretty much gone too. After this Orca Bay Quilt and another quilt that will be in the GO! Ahead and Show Some Love Blog Hop there's not much red left.

This mystery pattern won't be on Quiltville forever, so if you want it, get it now before Bonnie takes it down. Someday it's gonna be in a book. I bet!


The Orca Bay Mystery Quilt Pattern can be found

6 comments:

  1. Can't stop singing that song now - it's stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular! Where can I find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looks wonderful. Defiantly something to be proud of.

    http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey, Your Orca Bay is so beautiful! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your OB is beautiful. Congratulations on the finish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finish! And how clever to match the song with the quilt name. (Now that you've used up so much of your stash you can go fabric shopping!)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy.